(1) To provide the student with a general introduction to chemistry as it applies to the subjects mentioned in the course description.
(2) To provide the student with a basic foundation of laboratory inquiry and develop problem solving skills.
- Introduction to Chemistry and Matter and mathematics of chemistry
- Atoms, the Atomic Theory and Structure
- Nuclear Reactions
- The Periodic Law, Properties, and Trends
- Compounds, Bonding, Ionic and Covalent Molecular Geometry, Formula
- Chemical Reactions, % Composition, Empirical Formulas
- Chemical Quantities and Stoichiometry
- Physical States of Matter
- Water and Solutions, Colligative Properties
- Acids, Bases, and Salts, pH and Titrations
- Gases and Their Laws-