Successful completion of CIP Level 1 is required to register for this course. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a bridge stamp on their CIP cards.
- Bridge nomenclature, bridge member identification numbering system, and industry specific terminology
- Bridge types and components for steel, concrete, and wood bridges
- Worker protection, field work site conditions including traffic control, and working from scaffolding and lifts
- Overview of hazardous materials and waste containment, environmental protection and monitoring, and safety concerns
- Surface preparation
- Sample specification encompassing construction methods
Who Should Attend
CIP participants or Certified Coating Inspectors who would like to expand their knowledge of bridge coating application and inspection should attend this course.