Upon completion of this course, the participant shall be able to;
- Understand concepts of power factor
- Understand disadvantages of poor power factor and requirements of reactive power compensation
- Understand aspects and methods of Reactive Power Compensation.
- Understand about harmonics, sources of harmonics, effect of harmonics.
- Understand relationship between reactive power compensation and harmonics
- Fundamental of Reactive Power Compensation.
- The methods adopted for reactive power compensation.
- Power factor and its effects, need for control of power factor
- New solutions for reactive power compensation.
- Basics of Harmonics, sources of harmonics, effect of harmonics
- Harmonic analysis and total harmonic distortion
- Harmonic distortion solutions
- Voltage stability
- Power transfer limits
- Voltage collapse
- Shunt compensation
- Shunt reactors
- Shunt capacitors
- Synchronous condensers
- Series compensation
- Series capacitors
- Sub-synchronous resonance and solutions
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for : Electrical Engineers & Technicians who work for electric utilities and transmission system operating companies who are involved in the planning, engineering, specification, and operation of power transmission systems.