- To help the marketers & non-marketers acquire an understanding of the basic marketing definitions, terminology, types, roles and functions. This includes both: strategic and operational marketing.
- Most importantly, to realize and “feel” the importance of marketing.
- To understand the difference between marketing and sales.
- To learn the marketing management “formula”.
- To learn and practice the development of breakthrough Strategic Marketing, using the globally-acknowledged proven-successful “RSTP” model.
- To learn and practice how to segment your market, target your highest-potential consumer and perfectly position your product/service.
- To understand the various elements and components of Operational Marketing, which is called the “Marketing mix”.
- To lean and practice the development of a comprehensive and holistic Operational Marketing plan, including various elements and multi-components.
- To learn and practice how to control, measure and evaluate Operational Marketing objectives, strategies and plans.….
Part 1: Introduction:
- Introduction to marketing
- Importance of marketing
- How marketing is crucial for today’s organization
- Marketing role in a customer-oriented company
- Marketing for marketers & non-marketers
- The role of marketers & non-marketers in marketing
- Misconceptions about marketing
- How can marketing make a difference – real-life examples,
from Egypt and abroad
- The marketing management formula
- Types of marketing – strategic and operational
- Internal Marketing vs. External Marketing
Part 2: Strategic Marketing:
- Strategic marketing – what it is and what it is Not
- Role of strategic marketing
- The three basic strategies-- The “VMQ” Triangle
- Introduction to the “RSTP” Model:
- Positioning Model and Real-life examples from the Egyptian market
Part 3: Operational Marketing:
- Operational marketing
- The marketing mix:
- Four P’s, defined
- Four C’s, defined
- Product life cycle
- Setting the right price
- Determining demand
- Effective advertising
- Choosing the perfect medium
- Sales promotions
- Direct marketing and Public Relations
- Integrated marketing communication (IMC)
Part 4: Sales and Marketing:
- Relationship between sales and marketing
- Difference between sales and marketing
- Marketing-led organization vs. Sales-driven organization
- Effective distribution
- Types of distribution channels
- The coordination between the sales and marketing functions
Part 5: Marketing Plan:
- Marketing plan
- Elements of the marketing plan
- Marketing organization
- The marketing caliber
- Performance evaluation
- Tools to measure effectiveness
- The coordination between the marketing department and other departments
Part 6: Wrap-up and summary
Who Should Attend
- Product Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Sales Force Managers