- Familiarize the Attendees with different types of views
- Understand and be able to read any drawing.
- Be aware of the different types of codes and standards.
- Be familiar with the definition and uses of the engineering drawings.
- Be able to recognize and familiar with assembly drawings
- Be able to deduce missed view from available ones
- Recognize the sectional views and common symbols, legends and abbreviations used on engineering drawings.
- Engineering design from concept to reality.
- The definition and uses of engineering drawings.
- Types of engineering drawings.
- Standard engineering drawing formats.
- Interpreting the drawing symbols, and tolerances on engineering drawings.
- How revisions are specified on engineering drawings.
- Identifying and interpreting line conventions used in engineering drawings.
- Interpreting the various views shown on engineering drawings.
- Common terms, symbols and abbreviations used on engineering drawings.
- Standards used on engineering drawings.
- Types of engineering drawings used in Oil and Gas industry:
- Layout drawings.
- Assembly drawing.
- Practice for dimensions, expressing tolerances.
- Common symbols, legends and abbreviations used on engineering drawings.
- Welding symbols
- Various design and engineering codes internationally accepted:
- Codes for pressure vessels.
- Codes for piping installations.
- Codes for tanks.
Who Should Attend
Process, Maintenance and all engineers & technicians are involved with the engineering drawing principles, views, codes, projections and standards. Entry level engineers, technicians all the way to senior level will benefit because of the course structure.